The Pataskala Public Library is committed to serving the needs of the public while also working to ensure the safety and health of our staff, our patrons, and the community.
DO NOT come to the library if you are sick or feeling unwell! We appreciate your cooperation in keeping our community as safe and healthy as possible.
Our hours will be limited to Monday 10 am to 8 pm, Tuesday through Thursday 10 am to 6 pm, & Friday and Saturday 10 am to 5 pm.
Library staff is available for help with holds, accounts, and more. Give us a call at 740-927-9986.
When visiting the library:
- If you are fully vaccinated, face masks are optional.
- Practice social distancing by keeping 6 feet from other patrons and staff
- Browsing of shelves and materials checkout
- Curbside services are still available.
- Internet computers are available.
- Faxing and printing
- Online databases
- Ebooks, e-audiobooks, and other electronic materials.
- WiFi available on library property
- In-person and virtual programs, including storytimes
CURBSIDE SERVICE PROCEDURE
Follow these simple steps to pick up items:
- To use this service, place your holds online or over the phone.
- When your items are ready, we will notify you by email, phone, or text message, depending on your account preference.
- Drive to the library and park in a parking space.
- Call 740-927-9986 to let library staff know you are there to pick up your items. Provide staff with your library card number or your name, address, and phone number so that your items can be checked out.
- Library staff will place your items on a designated table, then stand at the door of building and watch while you pick up your items.
- Enjoy your library materials!
- When you are done with your items, return them through the outdoor book drop. Please do not give them to our staff.
- Is your book drop open?
- Yes, our book drop remains open. Pataskala is a fine free library, so anything checked out at our library and returned will not be fined.
- Can I request materials from other libraries?
- Yes! We are now transporting items to and from our partner CLC libraries. Simply place a hold on an item you see in our catalog, regardless of its home library. We will notify you when your item has arrived to be checked out.
- Can I return items from your partner libraries to Pataskala?
- Yes. You can return items from other CLC libraries to Pataskala Library. The items will be returned to their home library. To see a list of our partner libraries in CLC, click here.
- How long do I get materials for?
- Regular loan rules will apply. Please bring items back as you are able, so that other patrons have an opportunity to check them out. Return them in our outdoor book drop. Pataskala is a fine free library, so anything checked out at our library will not be fined.
- What if I have items on hold but do not feel comfortable coming into the library or using the curbside service?
- Please call 740-927-9986 to suspend your holds so you do not lose your place in line for holds.
- What if I no longer want to check out the items I have on hold?
- Please call 740-927-9986 to cancel your current holds.
- Can I fax documents?
- Yes. Faxing is free for jobs 20 pages and under. $.10 per subsequent page.
- Can I use the internet computers?
- Yes. We have internet terminals open for public use.
- Black and White prints are free for the first 20 pages. $.10 per subsequent page.
- Color prints are $.25 per page.