Grow With Us!
The library is seeking to expand with a building addition.
This would be the first building expansion for Pataskala Public Library since 1987.
It also would mark the first levy increase since 2007.
Your Library. Boundless.
Our services extend far beyond the pages of our books.
- Free Public Events - The Works Museum, Jungle Island Zoo and more.
- Unique Lending Items - Seed library, board games and more.
- Experience Passes - Free admission to Dawes Arboretum and The Works.
- Community Outreach - Homebound service, book clubs and more.
- Programs for Kids - Story times, LEGO Club, Read To a Dog.
- Digital Library - ebooks, audiobooks, magazines, videos and more digital items.
What Does This Mean For Me?
- The cost of this levy for owners of a $100,000 house would be $28.47 per year.
What Does This Mean For Our Community?
- This addition would create:
- Large community meeting room (132 capacity)
- Smaller community meeting room (25 capacity)
- Multiple public study rooms and a quiet reading area
- Dedicated space for family events and story times
- Expanded business center with printing, faxing, and more
- New specialized YA (Young Adult) area
- Drive-thru pickup window
- Makerspace with 3D printer, green screen and more
- ... and much more!
What Does This Mean for the Library?
- The library is at peak capacity for utilizing space for materials and public events in our current building. This addition would effectively triple the size of the library.
- This levy would generate over $800,000 per year for the library.
Will the Library Be On My Ballot?
- If you live within the Southwest Licking School District, then YES!