Patron Code of Conduct
So that everyone may better enjoy their visit to the library, we ask each patron, regardless of age, to respect the rights of others by following these rules:
The following are not permitted inside the library:
- Pets, except for service animals
- Loud or boisterous talking and conversation, including the use of threatening or profane, obscene, or abusive language, including racial, ethnic, or sexual orientation epithets
- Rollerblades, skates, and skateboards
- Begging, soliciting, and selling (unless authorized by library administrators)
- Bathing and shaving in the restrooms
- Taking photographs and/or recording videos of Library staff or patrons without their permission.
- Shirts and shoes are required to be worn in the library.
- Bicycles must be parked on the racks outside. We advise the use of a lock. The library is not responsible for lost or stolen personal property.
- Smoking, skateboarding, skating and rollerblading are not permitted on library property.
- Destruction of library materials and property is prohibited.
- Persons who appear to be under the influence of alcohol or illegal drugs or pose a health risk to others are not permitted in the library and will be asked to leave.
- Willful damage, attempted theft, or vandalism of library materials can result in a block on the patron’s library account, banning the patron from the library and/or cause for prosecution.
- The library reserves the right to expel any person whose behavior and/or clothing is determined to be disruptive, inappropriate to the library environment, or prevents the use of the library by other users.
- Children under age 8 must be supervised by a parent or responsible companion. All children must be picked up before closing time.
Library staff has been instructed to call the police department, if necessary, for assistance in any situation that appears to threaten the safety of a library patron or staff member.
Adopted by the Board of the Pataskala Public Library Trustees: 9/18/13; Revised on 6/25/19